Application Guide of Study Residence Permit
for Foreign Citizens in Chongqing
Ⅰ. Applying for Residence Permit (extension)
Aliens coming to Chongqing for study can apply for working residence permit atthe exit-entry administration of public security organ. According to the regulations, a face-to-face interview and the following documents are necessary:
1. Original and photocopy of a valid passport and visa;
2. The original Registration Form of Temporary Residence issued and sealed by a local police station, or a hotel registration issued and sealed by a local hotel;
3. Visa Application Form for Foreign Citizens accurately filled in with a black-ink pen, to which is attached one recent, half-length, unobstructed, full-faced, 2-inch visa photo; a valid Receipt of Exit-Entry Photograph gotten from a local photo studio authorized for digital exit-entry photographs;
4.Chinese official letter issued and sealed by the proposed school in Chongqing, describing the basic information of the school and the applicant, purpose of visiting China, time and place of staying, exit-entry scheduling and warrant to abide by relevant laws during stay in China;
5. Original and photocopy of Admission Notice and Study Certification with duration from the Chinese school.
6. When making application for the first time, original and photocopy of approved Foreign Student Visa Application Form JW201/JW202；
7. The foreign citizens over 18 who apply for Residence Permit in Chongqing with the duration longer than one year for the first time should submit the health certificate issued by Chongqing Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau (Chongqing International Travel Healthcare Center)；
8. Other additional formalities and documents required by the exit-entry administration of public security organ.
Ⅱ. Residence Permit Re-issuance
Foreign citizens whose visas are lost, damaged or stolen in China, can re-apply visas at the exit-entry administration of public security organ. Apart from the documentation listed in Part I, a face-to-face interview and the following additional documentation are necessary:
1. For applicants whose visas are lost or stolen: a certificate of loss report of passport or a diplomatic note presented by their states’ embassy or consulates to China and a new passport;
2. For applicants whose visas are damaged: the damaged passport or a diplomatic note presented by their states’ embassy or consulates to China and a new passport.
Ⅲ. Important Reminders
1. All the originals (A4) are required for inspection and verification and all the photocopies (A4) for retention;
2. All the application documents not written in Chinese should be translated into Chinese by qualified translation companies before submission;
3. Applicants with Chinese household registration (hukou) cannot apply for F visas until their cancellation of registration; they are required to provide the certificate of registration cancellation issued by the local police station;
4. Applicants who want to extend visas must present an application 30 days in advance before the expiration of visas;
5. Whenever the registered item in a foreigner’s residence permit changes, the holder shall, within 10 days from the date of change, apply for the alteration and provide the supporting materials;
6. The receiving universities or colleges should report timely to the exit-entry administration if the following circumstances happen to the foreigners students: leaving, violating the regulations related to exit-entry administration regulations, death, missing, etc;
7. Applicants can reside in China temporarily with receipt for acceptance within 15 working days as their supporting documents for international travel are kept for visa extension, renewal or re-issuance;
8. Entities that issue written invitations shall be liable for the authenticity of the contents;
9. For aliens with study residence permit who want internship outside the campus, a permission letter of the receiving university and company should be submitted to the exit-entry administration of public security organ for extension of the residence permits;
10. Applicants and their relative receiving units or individuals are required to cooperate with staff at the exit-entry administration of public security organ when they verify application reasons by face-to-face interviews, directory inquiries or on-site investigations;
11. Decisions are final if the exit-entry administration of public security organ determines not to extend, renew or reissue visas, not to issue certificates of permanent residence for foreign citizens, or not to extend the intended date of their entry into China;
Ⅳ. Processing Time：
The exit-entry administration of public security organ shall not determine an application for permission until 15 working days (investigation time excluded) after the date of receipt of all the valid application documents.